Alright all you low carbers don’t freak out when you see the nutritional information for this recipe. It is not exactly low carb but it sure is healthy and filling. Not only are these quick and easy to make but they are also a good source of plant based protein. I like to have these lying around when I need to jet out the door in the morning or when I need a quick healthy bite before a cardio session at the gym.
They also keep quite well so you can make a batch and use them for more than a week.
- 75 g porridge oats
- 1 Tbsp. milled flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp. almond flour or coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp. milled chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1.5 Tbsp. raisins
- 0.5 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 0.5 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a blender, mix the eggs, coconut oil,
- bananas, peanut butter, honey and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Add this mix to the dry ingredients bowl and mix well to form a wet dough.
- Using a spoon, transfer and evenly distribute into muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 190°C or 375°F for 30 minutes