Good day everyone
So this is a recipe that I tried at my sisters house when I first got into the low carb game. At that time she had been making low carb stuff for a long time and I would come over and taste her cooking. I was actually amazed at how some of the dishes she made for her low carb diet plan actually tasted better than the original carb-o-licious stuff (maybe I’m getting old). I also saw first hand how it made a difference in her weight as she had been struggling to lose weight for many years.
This recipe basically substitutes pizza dough for a cauliflower based crust and you can use whatever you want for the toppings although we do suggest picking your toppings wisely (low in carbs) .
Go ahead and watch the video I have prepared that will take you through the process step by step. Fell free to pause as you move along and also do let me know what you think and if there is any way I can improve these videos in the future.
For those of you that prefer the text based recipe here it is:
Here are the ingredients which you can tick away as you get them ready.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and puree until finely ground.
- Place ground cauliflower, water, and salt together in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until fragrant and most of the water evaporates. Let it cool completely.
- Place a clean dish towel on your counter and move the cauliflower to the center of the towel. Wrap the cauliflower in the towel and squeeze tightly to remove all excess moisture. You should end up with about 1 1/2 cups of cauliflower pulp.
- Add the cauliflower, italian cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, egg, and pepper together in a bowl and mix to form a soft dough.
- Form the dough into a ball shape and then place it in the center of the baking sheet. Press down on the dough to form a circle which is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes and until the crust is of a golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Add your chosen toppings and bake again in the oven for about 10 minutes.