There are several studies out there that support the short and long term health benefits of low carb diets. For those of you that are interested to look at some studies that compare various diets such as low carb and high fat or low fat and high carb then you can follow the links below.
- Changes in diet and lifestyle and long-term weight gain in women and men.
- Low-carbohydrate-diet score and the risk of coronary heart disease in women.
- A low-carbohydrate as compared with a low-fat diet in severe obesity.
- Effects of protein, monounsaturated fat, and carbohydrate intake on blood pressure and serum lipids: results of the OmniHeart randomized trial.
- The effect of a plant-based low-carbohydrate (“Eco-Atkins”) diet on body weight and blood lipid concentrations in hyperlipidemic subjects.