I think of dieting, then I eat pizza
Alright so today is pizza day and boy do I have a recipe for you low carbers to add to your low carb diet plan. I first tried this at my sisters house again and I couldn’t believe how good it tasted. It was a little bit too much on the fat side for me but it still had way less carbs and fat than regular pizza and for you low carbers this will be a dream come true for those days that you are craving pizza. I have to say I was really surprised when I found out that the crust actually had whey protein in it, I didn’t even think you could do anything other than mix whey protein with water or milk let alone put it in pizza crust. When I think of whey protein, the word shake comes to mind right away but after this its PIZZA!
I have to warn you though this thing has loads of cheese in it so for those of you that love cheese then today is your lucky day because this pizza has more cheese than France in it.
So I could go on and on about this recipe but i guess you have to try it for yourself and let me know what you think.
Once you have each ingredient ready you can go ahead and tick it away.
For Pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and position one rack to the bottom position and the other to the upper third.
- Place the 5 ounces of grated mozzarella cheese into a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. add the cream cheese and Microwave the cheeses for 1½ -2 minutes. Stir the cheeses together.
- Break the egg into the cheese and stir with a fork until combined.
- Add the almond flour and protein powder and blend completely.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper. Remove the top piece of parchment and transfer the dough and parchment to the baking sheet. Poke holes all over the dough with a fork.
- Bake on the bottom rack for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and rub the crust with a piece of garlic. Spread the tomato sauce onto the pizza and top evenly with cheese. Add the pepperoni. Bake on the upper rack until the cheese has melted.
- Cut into 6 pieces and serve.
If you prefer you can watch my video which gives easy to follow, step by step instructions with some pretty cool illustrations.