This is an awesome, quick and simple chicken breast recipe that uses Ethiopian spices to give it that extra kick. If you like your chicken spicy and tangy then you are sure going to love this one. I use a mixture of spices that originate from Ethiopia called Berbere and although you can make your own, I always prefer to buy the ready made type. The ready made type is not as good and fragrant as the type bought from the traditional markets in Addis Ababa, but its probably the closest thing that you can get your hands on.
So lets get on with the recipe.
- 7 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Berbere (Ethiopian spice mix)
- On a cutting board chop the chicken breasts into small pieces and place in a bowl
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the chicken and let it stand for 5 minutes
- In a separate bowl squeeze the lemon then add salt, cinnamon powder and berbere and mix it all together.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the chicken and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Grease a skillet with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 8 to 10 minutes
- Serve with salad on the side
- Per serving: 283 Calories, 10g Fat, 46g Protein